At RevoU, we are on a mission to transform the state of higher education in Southeast Asia, and together with it, the lives of millions of people.
We are building a more effective alternative to traditional universities and vocational schools, rethinking how education should serve both students' and employers' needs in Indonesia's booming digital economy.
Working hand in hand with industry leaders, top companies, and learning scientists we develop together the most effective programs to deliver the learning that today’s job market needs. We obsess about our students' success and are relentlessly driven by unlocking each of our student’s full potential, regardless of their background.
In the short span of two years, we have already helped hundreds of students transform their careers, with thousands more waiting to start their journey with us in the upcoming months.
We are looking for a Special Project - Growth to build, execute, and scale new initiatives for our fast-growing network of alumni. A network made of thousands of professionals working for some of the most well-known companies in Indonesia, who are progressing in their careers towards leadership positions in the years to come.
Some of the projects you'll be working on:
- Launch, manage, and scale the end-to-end system of advanced programs for Alumni
- Build our community platform/website and plan its features needs (LMS, CMS, etc)
- Develop and experiment with technological tools and programs to improve our projects (Slack, Discord, etc)
- And many exciting projects within our roadmap.
Requirements (aka 'what you bring to the table')
- High empathy and strong communication skills. You will be spending most of your time interacting with our community members, be it alumni, students, instructors, or even our internal teams. You will experience different kinds of discussions, from fun and insightful sessions during live classes or engaging in a deep yet resourceful conversation to help our alumni with their careers.
- Highly structured and analytical thinking, with the ability of keeping the big picture in mind: the scope of work for each project will be very broad and you will need to breakdown complex information into smaller parts, prioritizing what is important and optimizing for it (80:20 rule) - also to analyze data and present it to the management
- Detail-oriented and process-driven: impeccable attention to detail and high standards approach to any of your work output. You love making sure processes are followed and every detail is accurate. You are tireless in reminding others to make sure that all the T’s are crossed and the I’s are dotted. It bothers you if anything is out of place.
- Ability to get things done & sense of ownership: As in most early-stage startups, we are firing on all cylinders and need to execute fast. This means that you need to be comfortable in getting your hands extremely dirty and getting things done, at a very high level of intensity and quality. Owning many processes from start to finish. If you are someone who is used to or prefers to delegate the execution to someone else, this role is NOT for you.
- Growth mindset - willingness to learn and improve: Unhappy with business as usual, you are constantly looking at new opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your work and how things are done. We will need you to apply such a mindset to all the processes you will be handling.
- Research skills: you will be expected to spend a lot of time, especially in the beginning, researching the market (not only ID but worldwide) to help you come up with the best go-to-market strategy
- Bonus: Have prior experience in creative roles, a great sense of design, and the ability to come up with new ideas and projects needed for the community.
Our first promise - the ride of a lifetime
You will be joining the company in its most exciting phase, where things will move and change at a crazy pace and where the impact you will have on the overall business trajectory will be huge. You will witness the rapid scaling of our organization from 80 of us (we were only 10 of us just one year ago!!) to hundreds of incredibly talented and diverse people in the months and years to come.
Our company growth will mean much faster career growth than other companies of similar size. Our most talented junior employees who joined us 1 year ago, are for example now in charge of entire teams, working on some of the most exciting strategic and operational topics within the education industry.
The second promise - a good place to work
We are building a company that takes the growth of its employees on the same level as that of its students. It’s our mandate to make every one of our employees perform at the maximum of their capacity so that they can do here, at RevoU, the very best work of their lives. In practical terms:
- we deeply value employee appreciation and we are going the extra mile to make everyone’s work feel appreciated and valuable
- we are creating a culture of transparency and radical, caring feedback. That is, of radical candor, keep a zero-tolerance for bad management, making coaching and mentoring one of our fundamental values, not only towards our students but also towards our employees. For a more in-depth view of the type of organization we are building, you can read some of our Founder’s thoughts on these topics
- this translates into record-high employee satisfaction (our monthly e-NPS hovers in the 70-80 range), very low employees turnover, and a disproportionate share of new hires coming from our employee's referrals
The third promise – you will feel proud about your work
We believe that finding a fulfilling career should be among the most important priorities in one's life and that today’s job market offers endless opportunities to change the lives of many, for the better. You will play a fundamental role in making this possible.
And nothing will beat the sense of accomplishment once you will see that happening. Especially once you see that happening at scale.
You can see the impact we had on some of our students by reading some of their reviews
These are the 3 most important promises we are making to you.
If you are looking for typical ‘startup’ benefits: flexible and remote working environment (FYI - only 50% of our staff live in Jakarta), an attractive package, premium health insurance, etc => we are offering you all these benefits as well
But don’t join us for these, join us first and foremost for the 3 reasons above.