RevoU is the fastest growing Online School in Indonesia, supplementing graduates with the skills needed to be employable in Indonesia's digital jobs revolution. We launched at the end of 2019 but have already helped hundreds of students to accelerate their careers, with thousands more applying every month.
If you are looking to have a real impact on people's lives by giving them the education needed to transform their careers, we might have a role for you!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to develop long term partnerships with employers and companies from all industries, expanding both our portfolio of hiring partners and business clients we work with.
Based wherever you will want to (we are a fully distributed company), you will report directly with our VP Business Development and work with our other Business Development Manager to take our BD team to new heights.
More specifically you will:
- Expand our network of hiring partners. That is employers from all industries looking to hire our graduates, with a focus on tech companies and startups
- Acquire new clients that need support on their digital marketing activities, by means of our internal marketing agency
- Source new part-time instructors who will be teaching at RevoU, across a variety of subjects (starting with digital marketing)
- Maintain the best possible relationship with both our network of hiring partners and clients by means of top class account management
Requirements (aka 'what you bring to the table')
What would the best profile look
- Articulate & persuasive communicator: we will have a great time brainstorming together about all the creative partnership opportunities available, but someone will have to speak with our partners, convince them to work with us and seal the deal ;)
- Pre-existing network: the more connections you already have in the HR and tech space, at a senior level, the easier your job will be, especially at the beginning
- Plain smart: looking for both street smartness + creativity, combined with strong analytical thinking. We are innovating in a very complex field with a very ambitious vision. Can’t pull it off without the smartest people on-board.
- Ability to get sh*t done: You will enjoy delegating tasks to your team of 50+ biz dev & partnership people in a few years. For now, you will need to get your hands extremely dirty and get sh*t done, at a very high level of intensity and quality. Owning the entire process from start to finish.
- Tenacious & relentless: Some discussions will take some time to close and most of the times you will have to keep knocking at a door over and over until someone finally answers you. It will get easier over time, but at the beginning it will be tough. Be ready.
- Structured & pragmatic, with the ability of keeping big picture in mind: you will need to prioritize what is important, optimize for it (80:20 rule), and get the deal done. Without optimizing for little things that won’t matter much
- Ability to understand our partners and the market needs: not only you will need to understand what our partners truly want but you will also be expected to synthesize the market intel collected into actionable inputs for the rest of the team
- Passionate about education and obsessed about seeing our students succeeding: we want to build a culture of people obsessively passionate about our mission and the impact we can have on the lives of millions of people
Our first promise - the ride of a lifetime
You will be joining the company in its most exciting phase, where things will move and change at a crazy pace and where the impact you will have on the overall business trajectory will be huge. You will witness the rapid scaling of our organization from just a few of us (we are still a relatively small team of 30 people) to hundreds of incredibly talented and diverse people in the months and years to come.
The second promise - a good place to work
We are building a company that takes the growth of its employees on the same level as that of its students. It’s our mandate to make every one of our employees perform at the maximum of their capacity so that they can do here, at RevoU, the very best work of their lives. In practical terms:
- we deeply value employee appreciation and we are going the extra mile to make everyone’s work feel appreciated and valuable
- we are creating a culture of transparency and radical, caring feedback. That is, of radical candor, keep a zero-tolerance for bad management, making coaching and mentoring one of our fundamental value, not only towards our students but also towards our employees. For a more in-depth view of the type of organization we are building, you can read some of our Founder’s thoughts on these topics
The third promise – you will feel proud about your work
We believe that finding a fulfilling career should be among the most important priority in one's life and that today’s job market offers endless opportunities to change the lives of many, for the better. You will play a fundamental role in making this possible.
And nothing will beat the sense of accomplishment once you will see that happening. Especially once you see that happening at scale.
These are 3 most important promises we are making to you.
If you are looking for typical ‘startup’ benefits: flexible and remote working environment, an attractive package, premium health insurance, etc => we are offering you all these benefits as well.
But don’t join us for these, join us first and foremost for the 3 reasons above.